Yesterday I got good news from the multi-talented Bill Crider, who published my story “Kids Today” in his anthology Damn Near Dead 2: Live Noir or Die Trying. DND2 has been nominated for a Spinetingler Award for Best Anthology! The Spinetingler’s are given, appropriately enough, by Spinetingler Magazine.
The full list of anthology nominees is:
- Beat to a Pulp: Round One edited by David Cranmer and Elaine Ash
- Best American Noir of the Century edited by Otto Penzler and James Ellroy
- Blood, Guts, & Whiskey edited by Todd Robinson
- Damn Near Dead 2: Live Noir or Die Trying edited by Bill Crider
- First Thrills edited by Lee Child
- Requiems for the Departed edited by Gerard Brennan and Mike Stone
- Terminal Damage edited by Steve Weddle
- You’re dead and i killed you edited by Pablo D’Stair
I’m really delighted to be included on this list, even though my story is only a small slice of DND2. Bill Crider and the late Dave Thompson are the ones who put it together, Ben LeRoy helped shepherd it through the last stages of publication, and of course, there are a whole lot of really excellent contributors. But that’s the good thing about award nominations–the more people who are involved, the more of us who get to be winners!
If you’re interested in voting for any of the Spinetinglers, go check out their site.